Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Source-Tapped


After cleaning out the gravel, clay and sand I allowed the sediment to settle for one day before pouring a layer of clean gravel on the bottom, where I placed the perforated end of 3/4" PEX tubing with a plug in the top-above where I drilled out holes to allow the water to pass, I covered it with a piece of screen and a rubber band. The dam rests on top of the PEX. 200' of tubing was laid in the creek bed where water still flows. At that point I connected a T connection to flow to the tank near the shower and to the tank near the tent. When I measured the flow in March it was 1/2 Liter/Minute. In this photo the pool looks nearly dry because most of the water was filling up the empty tube since I had just laid it into the pool. This water tastes Alive & AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment